Why Own When You Can Share?
Tap on an app, unlock the door and go. Car share members enjoy convenient, short-term reservations to a fleet of safe and efficient vehicles in locations around the Twin Cities. Members have the benefits of a car without the expense and hassles of ownership.
Cars are reserved online and rented by the hour or day. Membership and mileage fees are a fraction of ownership costs and include gas, insurance and maintenance. Car sharing is a great way to live a car-light lifestyle, especially for green commuters.
HOURCAR is a Minnesota nonprofit car-sharing organization with a fleet of more than 50 fuel-efficient vehicles in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Zipcar is a national car-share company with a fleet of 12 vehicles in Minneapolis.
Benefits of Car Sharing
- Fuel, maintenance, and car insurance are covered
- Vehicles are regularly cleaned
- Vehicles are parked at transportation hubs in neighborhoods and business districts
- Depending on use, each shared car replaces the need for 2 to 20 vehicles
- Membership plans for individuals replace car ownership
- Household memberships reduce the need for multi-car households
- Corporate membership provides cost-effective access to a fleet
- Dedicated daytime membership guarantees the benefits of a private car on workdays
Find Your Car