You want to improve your bottom line and retain a healthy, dedicated workforce. Your company has climate emissions reduction goals. Manage your employee commute program to achieve your objectives.
Proceed successfully on your own or invest in effective and customizable commute management software such as those offered by Luum and RideAmigos. Set mode share goals, enable gamification, and integrate commuter subsidies and rewards with your payroll and benefits programs.
However you move forward, you’ll see benefits almost immediately.
Prioritize Active Transportation
Active commuting–walking and biking–lowers employer costs and produces happier, healthier employees. Take these steps to support the human-powered commute.
- Invest in active commute amenities, like lockers and showers, secure storage and bike repair stations–even access to umbrellas.
- Provide company bikes or a Nice Ride corporate membership. Minneapolis is a bicycle city. Embrace this identity!
- Offer an active transportation fringe benefit. Encourage behavior with cash for active commuters. Reward your people for staying fit, saving you money and reducing pollution.
- Enroll in Metropass. Metropass is Metro Transit’s unlimited ride transit pass.
- Cover 100% of the cost of Metropass or come as close to it as possible. This is far less expensive than most parking contract reimbursements.
- Make transit a habit from Day 1. Provide a temporary Metropass and a personal trip plan to new hires prior to their first day of work.
- Add TransitScreen to your building lobby. TransitScreen is a customizable display that provides commuters with live information on all of their mobility options: transit, bike share, scooters and ride hailing.
Reduce Parking Pressure
- If you own or control parking, dedicate free, preferred-location spaces to carpools and vanpools
- Eliminate employee parking subsidies
- Eliminate monthly parking contracts in favor of daily rates