Move Minneapolis Vision, Mission & Values
Move Minneapolis envisions a future where everyone can make transportation choices that contribute to a healthy, sustainable and vibrant Minneapolis region
Move Minneapolis empowers people to choose sustainable transportation options through educational opportunities and by reducing barriers
Move Minneapolis believes everyone should be able to meet their daily needs through accessible, equitable and sustainable transportation options. To Move Minneapolis, this means:
- Everyone has access to safe, convenient and affordable transportation options that reduce their need to drive alone
- Barriers to accessing transportation options such as biking, walking, public transit and shared mobility systems are reduced, especially for historically disadvantaged communities
- Residents and visitors enjoy a healthier environment with improved air quality and better climate outcomes
- We all benefit from a regional economy that thrives through enhanced mobility, reduced congestion, and a stronger workforce
Who we serve
Directly serve individuals traveling to, from & within downtown Minneapolis region with a special emphasis on commuters & residents
Where we work
Downtown Minneapolis region
Move Minneapolis makes sustainable transportation easy
Our team offers free commute management consulting to employers and building owners
- baseline and follow-up commuter surveys
- mode switch goal setting
- transportation benefits policy review and recommendations
- referrals to transportation operators
- worksite facilities analysis
- on-site employee engagement activities
We create groundbreaking, region-wide multimodal events, programming, and messaging efforts, including the Downtown Transportation Summit, Car-Free MSP, and Bike To Work Day.
We collaborate with transportation leaders, including the Metropolitan Council, Metro Transit, the City of Minneapolis, Hennepin County, MnDOT, the University of Minnesota, and many others.
Our programs serve and support critical policy goals such as the Minneapolis Transportation Action Plan.
Move Minneapolis is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that was founded in 1991 to improve air quality in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Major funding is provided by a federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) grant in partnership with Metro Transit, the US Department of Transportation and the Metropolitan Council.
Move Minneapolis is a subsidiary of the Minneapolis Regional Chamber.