Most trips begin and end with a walk, and walking in Minneapolis is wonderful.
It takes only 20 minutes to cover a mile on foot and downtown Minneapolis is compact and pedestrian-friendly. The health benefits of walking are truly remarkable, so hit the sidewalk every day to live longer, reduce stress, and take in some much-needed fresh air.
- A short walk to your office is the perfect way to finish a bus or rail commute
- Stroll to work through the vibrant North Loop, East Town, Elliot Park or Loring Park neighborhoods and discover new shops and restaurants
- Pick out a breakfast pastry or garden-fresh vegetables for dinner while perusing the Nicollet Mall farmers market
- Commute on foot via the beautiful Loring Greenway or traverse the art-adorned 3rd Avenue Sharon Sayles Belton Bridge
- Discover the Mississippi River and Southeast Minneapolis across the magnificent Stone Arch Bridge
- When the weather doesn’t cooperate, leave your raincoat at the office and take a trip in the 9-mile enclosed downtown skyway system