Transportation choices impact the organization you lead, the people you care about and the planet we share.
YOU’RE THE LEADER. You can make change. Your words and deeds set a critical example. Embrace sustainable transportation options for yourself and your organization and create a healthier, more resilient Twin Cities.
Give it a try!
- When possible, work remotely
- Walk, bike, scoot and take transit–if not every day, at least a few times each month
- Take part in a company carpool or vanpool
Engage your organization in activities that highlight transportation sustainability. Set expectations and reward healthy travel behavior while enjoying positive public attention.
- Send representatives to the Commute Ambassadors program
- Participate in the 2020 Car-Free MSP
- Encourage key staff to attend Move Minneapolis employer workshops, webinars, and presentations
Support efforts to prioritize sustainable travel. Go on record for more and better protected bike lanes, a modern, extensive, and well-funded regional transit system, wider and prettier sidewalks, tax-supported snow removal, novel shared mobility programs, and whatever else it takes to tip the scales toward sustainability and put our region on top.