2021 Transportation Summit: Commute Revolution
May 18 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, May 18, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CST! Join Move Minneapolis for a national conversation around urban highways. Is it time to drive change? The Summit’s the best event of the year featuring a fabulous panel of national speakers.
America’s urban highways are nearing the end of their useful lives, including Interstate 94 between Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Built for civil defense and to hasten suburban development, billions of reconstruction and maintenance dollars are on the line and the stakes are high. Are highways still the answer, or are there better ways to serve travel demand? Join us at this year’s Summit and hear from national transportation leaders, engineers, and activists about the health, equity, economic, and social impacts of urban highways and exciting new federal goals for access and mobility that put people over pavement.
- Beth Osborne, Director, Transportation for America
- Regan Patterson, Ph.D., Transportation Equity Research Fellow, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
- Keith Baker, Managing Director, Reconnect Rondo
- Oni Blair, Executive Director, LINK Houston
- Ben Crowther, Ph.D., Program Manager, Congress for the New Urbanism Freeways Without Futures
- Aaron Brown, Organizer, No More Freeways Portland
- Ian Lockwood, P.E., Livable Transportation Engineer, Toole Design
- Karilyn Crockett, Ph.D., MIT