Move Minneapolis has partnered with Nice Ride/Lyft to promote the Nice Ride for All affordability program in Minneapolis communities. Nice Ride For All seeks to expand access to under-served communities by offering affordable pricing options to use Nice Ride bikes. The Nice Ride for All program provides a $5 Annual Membership to qualifying residents of Minneapolis. Membership includes waived unlock fees, unlimited 45-minute trips on Classic bikes, discounted e-bike rides at $0.05/min and discounted Lyft scooter rides at $0.19/min.
Move Minneapolis will contract two ambassador positions to assist in promoting the Nice Ride For All program at community events, group bike rides, and engaging with community organizations. This involves tabling at all types of events with an opportunity for e-bike and e-scooter rides and demos. Compensation for the contracted positions is on an hourly basis of $20 per hour at approximately 15-20 hours per week, June 1 – September 30, 2022. Exact hours may vary week to week depending on events schedules. Event schedules will be established in advance so contract ambassadors may plan accordingly. Each contract ambassador will be eligible for bonus payments upon reaching agreed upon metrics. All expenses incurred performing contractor duties will be reimbursed. Contract ambassadors will report to Move Minneapolis staff.
Contract Ambassador Qualifications
● 18 years of age or older;
● Valid Driver’s License;
● Comfortable driving in the greater Minneapolis area;
● High school diploma or equivalency;
● Familiar with the North Minneapolis, Phillips, or Cedar Riverside communities, as applicable;
● Advocacy or community organizing experience within the North Minneapolis, Phillips, or
Cedar Riverside communities, as applicable;
● Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 25
● Outgoing and energetic;
● Knowledge and ability to ride a bike, willing to try an electric scooter
● Excellent communication skills (fluent in Spanish or other language is a plus); and
● Ability to take direction and to learn basic facts about bike share, the Nice Ride program and
Nice Ride for All.
If you’re interested, please contact John Barobs at email@example.com to learn