MnDOT wants to hear from you! Provide input on Rethinking I-94, a massive freeway project in the planning stages. MnDOT is holding visioning workshops on how to rebuild the heavily traveled I-94 corridor between Minneapolis and St Paul.
Participate at one of six community visioning workshops MnDOT is hosting along the I-94 corridor aimed at identifying neighborhood-level transportation values, issues and concerns through community feedback. All are welcome to attend.
Monday, June 12, 5-7 PM
Merriam Park Rec Center
2000 St. Anthony Ave, St. Paul 55104 (Spanish, Somali and Hmong interpreters provided)
Tuesday, June 13, 5-7 PM
Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning on University
1030 University Ave. W, St. Paul 55104 (Spanish, Somali, Hmong and Karen interpreters provided)
Monday, June 19, 5-7 PM
Hope Community Center
611 E. Franklin Ave, Minneapolis 55404 (Spanish and Somali interpreters provided)
Thursday, June 22, 5-7 PM
Dayton’s Bluff Rec Center 800 Conway St, St. Paul 55106 (Spanish and Hmong interpreters provided)
Wednesday, June 28, 2-4 p.m. AND 6-8 p.m.
Brian Coyle Center
420 15th Ave. S, Minneapolis 55454 (Somali and Oromo interpreters provided)
MnDOT will work with neighborhoods, community groups, district councils, local governments and others interested in the future of I-94 between St. Paul and Minneapolis. This work will develop an implementation schedule that guides future project development efforts and identiﬁes construction projects.
The goals of this project include:
- Developing a comprehensive, long-term and community-based approach to address I-94 study area needs
- Better understanding who uses I-94, how they use it and what parts of the study area work/do not work for people
- Gaining a stronger understanding of the condition of I-94 including bridges, walls and tunnels in the study area
- Determining how to best address mobility needs on I-94
Scope of work
- Develop project alternatives
- Comprehensively evaluate condition of I-94 including bridges, walls and tunnels in the study area
- Forecast travel demands
- Analyze origin-destination and transit operation data
- Conduct beneﬁt-cost analysis
- Develop short- and long-term recommendations, including a phased implementation plan
- Identify/target I-94 stakeholders (market segmentation)
- Develop engagement strategies and tactics
Learn about the history of the freeway connecting the Twin Cities in a local documentary.
Part One of the documentary, entitled Interstate 94: A History and Its Impact, focuses on the construction of I-94 in the middle of the 20th Century and the affect it had on the communities it bisected.
Part Two, Interstate 94: Today and Tomorrow, focuses on the here and now as it relates to I-94 through the Twin Cities, as well as continuing work to engage with communities along the interstate in an effort to develop a comprehensive, community-based vision for the corridor.