Minneapolis Bike Week, May 16 – 22nd
There’s Something For Everyone @ Bike Week
Every May, communities across the country participate in National Bike Month, a coast-to-coast celebration of cycling. May 16 – 22 is Minneapolis Bike Week, organized by the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition.
Minneapolis Bike Week showcases the ease, simplicity and enjoyment of biking for everyone. The week-long celebration feature events for bikers of all levels.
- Monday, May 16th is Fix It Day – learn how to tune-up your bike at one of several FREE bike maintenance classes by The Hub or Grease Rag.
- Tuesday, May 17th is Go By Bike Day – Life on Two Wheels – a day experienced riders can share about bike culture in the Twin Cities.
- Don’t have a bike? Wednesday, May 18 is Nice Ride Day – give bike-sharing a try. This is a great way to try biking without having to own one. If you do have your own bike – get your bike checked for FREE by Varsity Bike & Transit and/or ZAP tagged out on the Xcel Energy Plaza on 5th St and Nicollet Mall from 11:30am – 1:30pm, or at the west end of the Stone Arch Bridge from 3pm – 6pm.
- Thursday, May 19th is Women’s Day . Participate in one of several women, trans, femme bike rides planned for Minneapolis. Stop by at the Gov. Center Farmer’s Market and get your bike checked for FREE by Varsity Bike & Transit and/or ZAP tagged from 10am – 1pm.
- Friday, May 20th is Bike To Work Day – you are encouraged to leave the car in the garage and take the two-wheeler to work. ZAP tag your bike out on the Gov. Center Plaza from 7-10am by Move Minneapolis.
- Saturday, May 21st is Small Business Day – bike to your weekend errands. Support your neighborhood business and encourage then to become bicycle friendly.
- Bike Week rounds up with Family Parks Day on Sunday, May 22nd. Attach the Burley and bring the whole family out to enjoy our beautiful parks. One week on two-wheels may just get you hooked.
New events are being added daily to the Bike Week list. Please click-through the various days to get the latest scoop.